Monday, May 9, 2011

Live Mocha Take 2

I still like Live Mocha (original short posts here and here), but I'm reevaluating. (Here's a review from Benny at Fluent in 3 Months.)

The best language learning tool is one that is actually used. I have to confess that as appealing as Live Mocha might seem to me, I haven't maintained long-term use. I like the instant feedback and the ability to chat with a native anytime, but again, if I'm not actually using it regularly, it's not going to help much.

And today, while reviewing some previous lessons, I was a bit irritated by the fact that the given sentences could be represented by multiple pictures.

At the same time, I am reviewing sentences without having to find them myself or make my own SRS.

I've never used Rosetta Stone (Amazon link) past the free demos, but the Live Mocha courses remind me of Rosetta Stone (website).

No comments:

Post a Comment